A little information:-
- Nicotine is a potent parasympathomimetic alkaloid found in the nightshade family of plants (solanaceae) and is a stimulant drug.
- Nicotine is a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) agonist, except at nAChRα9 and nAChRα10 where it acts as an antagonist. It is found in the leaves of Nicotiana rustica in amounts of 2–14%, the tobacco plant Nicotiana tabacum, Duboisia hopwoodii and Asclepias syriaca.
- It constitutes approximately 0.6–3.0% of the dry weight of tobacco and is present in the range of 2–7 µg/kg of various edible plants.
- It functions as an anti herbivore chemical; consequently, nicotine was widely used as an insecticide in the past and neonicotinoids such as imidacloprid are currently widely used.Nicotine is highly addictive.
- Around about 2 mg of absorbed nicotine, and in lesser doses of that order, the substance acts as a stimulant in mammals, while high amounts (50–100 mg) can be harmful. This stimulant effect is a contributing factor to the addictive properties.
- Nicotine's addictive nature includes psychoactive effects, drug-reinforced behavior, compulsive use, relapse after abstinence, physical dependence and tolerance.
- The health effects of long-term nicotine use is unknown.
- The general medical position is that nicotine itself poses few health risks, except among certain vulnerable groups.
- Nicotine is increasingly used as a tool to quitting smoking has a good safety history to date.
- There is inadequate research to show that nicotine is associated with cancer in humans.
- It has been generally accepted that Nicotine in the form of nicotine replacement products is less of a cancer risk than smoking.
- Nicotine is linked to possible birth defects, During pregnancy, there are risks to the child later in life for type 2 diabetes, obesity, hypertension, neurobehavioral defects, respiratory dysfunction, and infertility.
- At high-enough doses nicotine is potentially lethal, and at high-enough doses it is associated with poisonings.
Note for customers outside the UK
At the request of the customer, we will ship to most countries in the EU, however, please be aware that we will not accept responsibility for packages that are seized by customs, as this is a potential situation.
We are a law-abiding company, and we strictly adhere to all laws in the countries we do business in. In other words, as a consumer who chooses to purchase and have products shipped to a country outside of the UK, you are taking responsibility for your purchase, and acknowledging that you are aware of the laws pertaining to such shipments.
As the importer/customer you are responsible for adhering to any Country or local laws & legislation - regarding the legality of purchasing & import of 72mg/ml Nicotine